Senior Lean Specialist
At GE Aerospace, we believe the world works better when it flies. We are a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft. Working at GE Aerospace means you are bringing your unique perspective, innovative spirit, drive, and curiosity to a collaborative and diverse team.
- As a Senior Lean Specialist, you will lead, drive and sustain sitewide transformation projects from the lean perspective.
- You will work directly with the Senior Site Lean Leader on the implementation of the lean strategy and the site transformation to create and maintain single piece flow, pull and operation under customer takt.
- Be the lean leader of Plant “A” of the site.
- Own the Value Stream of Metallic parts from the lean perspective
- Drive, execute and sustain the model line concept in all production cells. Focus on cell design, layout and standard work combination.
- Be responsible for the cross functional effort of locating and eliminating bottlenecks throughout the value stream
- Coach and mentor cross-functional teams on Kaizen, Daily Shop Management and various problem solving methods
- Work with the cross-functional team to create and maintain standard work and 5S, support TPM Lead and facilitate week-long Kaizen events to reduce cycle time to under takt time, improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity. Focus on heijunka, just in time and jidoka
- Coach and demonstrate critical thinking through the use of lean methodologies to solve complex problems
- Coach, mentor and teach the wider business on problem solving and lean methodologies to further develop a sitewide lean culture
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing, quality improvement, lean
- Demonstrated experience in lean transformation, cell design, Kaizen activity, Performance management
- Demonstrated experience in coaching cross-functional teams in complex problem solving
- Hands-on Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, Cell Design, Kaizen Coaching, Mentoring, Training Project Management
- Advantage if you have extensive experience in aviation and/or lean process improvement specifics in aftermarket/repair business
What we offer:
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Parking based on standard parking policy
- Annual bonus
- Employment contract in a stable company
- Challenging job in a professional and multinational environment
- Dynamic, innovative international working place with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Good working atmosphere in the organizational culture promoting Diversity & Inclusion.
- Professional working tools
- Attractive social benefits package: Private medical care, additional insurance and lunch allowance
- Flexible working time